Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine have moved into their brand-new facility in Granville, located right off the Thornwood Crossing at 2750 Newark-Granville Road. The practice is offering safe and comprehensive in-office care while following local and national health authority guidelines. The practice also continues to offer telehealth appointments for additional safety. Patients in need of specialized orthopedic care are encouraged to request an appointment by calling (740) 788-9220.
“We are excited about our new facility and happy to bring safe, compassionate specialty care to the residents of Newark, Granville and the surrounding areas, and during this difficult time, we are open and here to help,” says Dr. Edward Westerheide, orthopedic surgeon at Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine. “Our team is proud to now be a part of this wonderful community and offer affordable bone, joint and muscle care and in-office services to help the region stay healthy and active.”
The new, state-of-the-art office provides area residents access to a large orthopedic facility that offers advanced orthopedic care, provided by four expertly trained doctors: Dr. Westerheide, Dr. Brad Bernacki, Dr. Alex Tancevski and Dr. Benjamin Burkett. It also features the following:
- Expanded physical therapy services, including massage therapy.
- Large space dedicated to rehabilitation.
- Spacious waiting rooms and a convenient parking lot.
- On-site MRI, X-ray and bone densitometry (DEXA)
- Orthopedic Urgent Care, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
“Our new office was designed specifically to meet the growing needs of our patients as well as to provide our community access to state-of-the-art orthopedic care,” continues Dr. Westerheide. “We also want area residents to know that they can be seen right away, safely, at our Orthopedic Urgent Care for acute bone, joint and muscle conditions, and we are taking all necessary precautions to help protect our patients and staff.”
As part of their commitment to safety, Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine practices and enforces the following precautions:
- No more than two adults may be in patient care areas (the patient and one other person).
- No one under the age of 18 may be in patient care areas (unless they are a patient).
- No one with symptoms of COVID-19 will be allowed to visit the office.
- No one who has had direct exposure to someone with a known infection of COVID-19 will be allowed to visit the office.
- Patients are strongly encouraged to wear face masks or face coverings.
- All of their staff members are wearing face masks.
- They are disinfecting between patients.
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms are being rescheduled.
- Telehealth appointments are available for new and existing patients.
- They conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.”
- They practice and enforce good hygiene at all times — hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
The new orthopedic facility also offers bone health monthly seminars as well as consultation for the advanced surgical services they provide through their state-of-the-art surgery center in Zanesville. In addition to other common and complex procedures, their surgery center offers hip, knee and shoulder replacements on an outpatient basis, which typically costs 40% less than inpatient surgery.
For more information about Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine or to schedule an appointment, please call (740) 788-9220.
Our office hours have changed in observance of Thanksgiving. Have a safe and wonderful holiday!x