There are many keys to keeping your joints healthy, and one of those things is frequent exercise. Using a light exercise program daily can help make sure that your joints maintain their full range of motion. Other ways to defend your joints include:
- Keeping a healthy weight — Maintaining your weight is essential in living a healthy lifestyle. Stay motivated and don’t get discouraged. Eating right and exercising will go a long way in the fight against joint disease.
- Maintain open communication — If you are suffering from joint arthritis, being open and honest with others about it will help you receive assistance.
- Exercise — Light exercises, such as yoga and other rangeof-motion exercises, will increase your fitness level as well as your cardiac health.
- Lift correctly — Using proper lifting techniques will help prevent strains in your shoulders and knees. Bend your knees and keep your back straight when picking up heavy objects.
- Know your limits — Don’t overdo it. If you feel exhausted or tired during exercises or daily activities, take a break and rehydrate.
“Whether you are looking to prevent joint diseases or living with them currently, following these useful tips will help make certain you will be able to do the things you love,” says Dr. Edward Westerheide, board-certified orthopedic surgeon at Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine.