Benjamin W. Burkett, M.D.
Dr. Benjamin Burkett is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who provides nonsurgical and surgical orthopedic care for injuries and conditions of the spine, hip, knee, shoulder, and wrist. He has over ten years of experience in spinal surgery and specializes in performing the newest techniques in minimally invasive surgery as well as complex spinal deformity reconstruction, including spinal fusions, scoliosis reconstruction, laminectomy, discectomy, and kyphoplasty. Additionally, Dr. Burkett has a special interest in nerve decompression, tumor diagnosis and management, and joint replacement of the hip, knee, and shoulder.
After receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from The Ohio State University, Dr. Burkett earned his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed an internship and orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, Kentucky. Following his residency, Dr. Burkett elected to undergo additional training through a complex spine surgery and spinal deformity fellowship at the New York University Langone Orthopedic Hospital and NYU Medical Center.
Dr. Burkett is committed to helping each of his patients maximize their abilities and works with them to develop an individualized treatment plan that gets them back to an active, healthy, pain-free lifestyle.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Burkett enjoys staying active by biking, running, and skiing.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry: The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Doctor of Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- General Surgery Internship: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY
- Complex Spine Surgery and Spinal Deformity Fellowship: New York University Langone Orthopedic Hospital, NYU Medical Center, New York, NY
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Northpointe Surgical Suites
- Mount Carmel New Albany
- Licking Memorial Hospital
2750 Newark-Granville Road
Granville, OH 43023
- “Dr. Burkett performed back surgery on me with great success. I now have no more pain.”– Pam W.Patient Rating: