Physical therapy is a healthcare specialty involved with evaluating, diagnosing, and treating disorders of the musculoskeletal system. The ultimate goal of physical therapy is to restore maximal functional independence to each individual patient. To achieve this goal, physical treatments, such as exercise, heat, cold, electricity, and massage, are utilized. Our doctors and therapists work closely to make sure patients are receiving the therapy they need whether it is for strengthening and stability or to aid in recovery from a procedure, such as a partial or total joint replacement.
We believe that providing quality of service is paramount to a successful rehabilitation outcome. We accomplish this by refusing to cut corners and provide the following:
- You will work only with a licensed physical therapist or physical therapy assistant at each appointment.
- We believe in a team orientated approach. Our therapists will work closely with our orthopedic surgeons to ensure excellence in clinical outcomes.
- We limit our patients to approximately 12 in an 8-hour day to provide critical one-on-one time with each patient.
- We listen to each patient to determine their rehabilitation goals and develop a plan with you to maximize your results.
We believe that Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine Physical Therapy sets the standard for outpatient orthopedic care. Make sure that you get the most out of your rehabilitation experience!
We specialize in the treatment of outpatient orthopedic disorders, including:
- Back/neck pain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Bulging discs/sciatica
- Balance/fall prevention
- Knee pain
- Muscle strains/weakness
- Acute and chronic injury therapy
- Return-to-play programs
- Sports-specific rehabilitation
- Strength and range-of-motion exercises
The Injured Athlete
As a former, nationally competitive gymnast and Division I athlete, our physical therapist Ian Kirk, P.T., M.P.T., recognizes that the injured athlete has focused needs and goals. Athletes are often under time limitations and need to be at the top of their game quickly.
Whether you are an elite athlete or a weekend warrior, we can tailor your rehab program to a specific sport to help you return to the playing field safely and with confidence.
Keeping You Active at Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine
Our specialty-trained physical therapy experts provide comprehensive therapy services. Combining specific exercises and activities to help patients restore joint and muscular function, strength, and range of motion for sports and orthopedic injuries, our experts are dedicated to helping patients return to their daily activities quickly and safely.
To schedule a physical therapy appointment, please call (740) 522-9703 or click on the Appointment Request button.