Alex Tancevski, M.D.
Dr. Tancevski is a central Ohio native, who attended the Columbus Academy and then graduated summa cum laude from Miami University. After medical school at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, he completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Mount Carmel Health System in Columbus. Dr. Tancevski also completed a total joint replacement fellowship at the Florida Orthopaedic Institute in Tampa under the direction of three internationally renowned joint replacement surgeons.
During his adult reconstruction fellowship, Dr. Tancevski received advanced training in both primary and revision hip and knee replacement. His training includes minimally invasive muscle sparing hip and knee replacement, including muscle sparing anterolateral approach hip replacement. In addition, he holds certifications for robotic-assisted Makoplasty for partial knee and total hip replacement. As Licking County’s only fellowship-trained total joint surgeon, Dr. Tancevski specializes in the evaluation and treatment of hip and knee arthritis, as well as problematic joint replacements.
In addition to joint replacement, Dr. Tancevski’s interests include general orthopedics, such as fracture care, sports medicine, knee arthroscopy, shoulder/elbow surgery, hand surgery, and foot/ankle surgery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Zoology: Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, OH
- Adult Reconstruction Fellowship: Florida Orthopaedic Institute, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Ohio State Medical Association
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Northpointe Surgical Suites
- Mount Carmel New Albany
- Licking Memorial Hospital
2750 Newark-Granville Road
Granville, OH 43023
- “Dr. Tancevski took excellent care of me. My medical care was excellent, and I felt safe and cared for all during this experience. He is a great doctor.”– Carol M.Patient Rating: