Brad L. Bernacki, M.D.
Dr. Bernacki joined Orthopedic Specialists & Sports Medicine in 2006. He chose to practice in Licking County due to the increased need in the subspecialty of foot and ankle, and it also being an excellent community to raise his family. He is board-certified in general orthopedic surgery and is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS). He served as chairman in the department of surgery at the Medical Center of Newark from 2009 – 2010. He is a consultant for Kindred Healthcare and provides quarterly joint replacement education classes.
In addition to the above, Dr. Bernacki is now certified to implant the Oxford™unicompartmental knee replacement by Biomet. This minimally invasive partial knee replacement can be performed as an outpatient procedure in order to get you back to your active lifestyle as soon as possible. He also performs all other types of joint replacements, including total hip arthroplasty, total knee arthroplasty, and primary shoulder replacement. Dr. Bernacki thrives to keep patients educated as well as the community and routinely schedules joint replacement talks at his office and other locations.
He was born in Pennsylvania and graduated cum laude from Miami University prior to obtaining his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed his orthopedic residency at Mount Carmel Health System in Columbus, Ohio. Outside of work, Dr. Bernacki enjoys spending time with his family as well as outdoor recreation, exercising, scuba diving, and traveling.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Zoology: Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Doctor of Medicine: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: Mount Carmel Health System, Columbus, OH
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Coshocton Regional Medical Center
- Northpointe Surgical Suites
- Mount Carmel New Albany
- Licking Memorial Hospital
- White Fence Surgical Suites
- On the dynamic performance of the Abbott Safeset blood-conserving arterial line system. Woda RP1, Dzwonczyk R, Buyama C, Bernacki BL, Kelly WB.
J Clin Monit Comput.1999 May;15(3-4):215-21.
- The ventilatory effects of auto-positive end-expiratory pressure development during cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Woda RP1, Dzwonczyk R, Bernacki BL, Cannon M, Lynn L.
Crit Care Med.1999 Oct;27(10):2212-7.
- A review of salvage procedures after failed Achilles tendon repair.Feibel JB1, Bernacki BL.
Foot Ankle Clin. 2003 Mar;8(1):105-14.
2750 Newark-Granville Road
Granville, OH 43023
- “After many surgeries on my right ankle without results, one of my friends recommended Dr. Bernacki. I had nothing to lose. Dr. Bernacki has been amazing and has given me answers to my issues. I can't thank him enough, and I'm so glad I switched to him. Thank you, Dr. Bernacki.”– Michele R.Patient Rating: